Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

CA - Withholding Paycheck - Commision Dispute

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CA - Withholding Paycheck - Commision Dispute

    What is the recourse for an employee if their employer withholds paying them because they do not want to pay the full commision earned?

  • #2

    Refusing to pay commissions due is illegal in California. An employee can make a claim with the state. For every day that an employer willingly withholds pay, the employer may be penalized an additional day. You can read about this at:
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    • #3
      Warning Labor Board Is Defective

      Now for the real story. Yes file a claim with the labor board. Obviously be aware these are people known as "government employees". ie. (underpayed overworked might go postal at anytime) yes some of them are armed; should you be afraid? Probably... Your first encounter will be a busy signal. This might go on for several days but keep calling they put the phone back on the hook on accident sometimes. Next, what ever you give them make a copy. If they can lose something and cause you to lose your case they will. Next don't believe a word they say. They will act like they are your friend then burn you bad.
      THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS DON'T AGREE WITH THEM THAT YOU HAVE NO CASE. Remember they just want you to go away. If you hang in there they will torture your boss for a while to see if they can get him to pay you.
      They say you don't need a lawyer because they have to work more if you have a lawyer. Lawyers are usually smart and know the law better than they do and it bothers them.
      The labor board judge is usually a judge that got in trouble in real court. The labor board is the Siberia of judgedom. Be nice to him he probably has a gun. Pretend he is important and is worthy of great respect they miss it.
      There is no telling what the judge might do. The law, reason, common sense, morality, honesty they all go out the window. To be honest you probably want to go straight to superior court and see a real judge.
      I don't know I am just a victim like you. Please be careful.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.