Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

HR counseling (or lack thereof) California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HR counseling (or lack thereof) California

    Hi folks, I was given a HR counseling on 12/3/16. Even tho it was in writing, it stated that it 'wasn't a write-up'. I guess I've corrected the behavior that initiated it; I'm still here. The follow up date was 1/3/17 and there was supposed to be another discussion. I've been given no feed back, no instruction, nothing since the "your job is on the line" discussion. What are my options? do I just stay under the radar, or bring it up, or...... I must include that I deserved about 65% of the counseling. The remaining 35% is because I pissed off the HR Supervisor and she carries a grudge along with displaying petty retaliatory behavior. My supervisor says everything is good, yet I am really paranoid.

  • #2
    This is a time of year when HR has a thousand things going on and are shuffling as many issues as they generally would handle in months. When they want you, they'll find you.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      I think you just had more of a performance improvement plan versus first warning. I would ask them for your follow up and to close that out.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.