Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Salaried/Overtime Question California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Salaried/Overtime Question California

    Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I am currently working as a truck driver shuttling trailers from one warehouse to another about 20 miles apart. I was hired on as a salaried utility driver, being paid X amount with no set hours to be worked a week. I was then transferred to the shuttling position where I now working 5 days a week 10 hours a day for the same X amount. I do not get paid if the company is closed for holidays or other reasons for closure. They are demanding that if necessary I work over the 10 hours or even come in on my days off for the same amount of pay. I have been arguing that I am entitled to OT over my 10 hours but they keep demanding the work and not paying. I have been doing some research and if I am not mistaken I am not a true salaried employee and therefore am entitled to OT after 8 hrs worked. Can I please get clarification on this issue. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by smartdriver; 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM.

  • #2
    File a complaint with the CA DLSE for unpaid OT. In CA, any time worked over 8 hrs in a day, or 40 hrs in a week, should be paid as OT.


    • #3
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.