Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar Question-Copies time cards Ca.

Hi. I am going to call the DLSE to ask for clarification on this wording as well. It seems the law gives the employer the "option" and most will just say copy what you can, as it would be nearly impossible for a long term employee. BUT I have a couple of other questions I need help with. I am aware of the law stating that they must comply within 21 calendar days of your written or verbal request. The company I worked for is sly, and the DFEH and EEOC is all ready working on a similar issue for me, but there is also a payroll issue, and I requested copies of EVERYTHING, kronos and online ETime punches and signed documents going back for 1 year... I did this request by email. Is this accepted as written? If I have to do it verbally, would voice mail be acceptable as verbal? They will probably not talk to me or let me on the property due to the DFEH case. Also, we had to sign a book showing a breakdown of our hours worked every 2 weeks which we did in order to insure we would get paid, even though we knew for the most part that the hours were wrong. Can this be held against us even if the paper trail shows the company attempted to short change their employees?

The DFEH process has been long and nasty and I feel if I need to, I can just file a complaint with the DLSE without "proof on paper"... but what would I have to say in a hearing other than what I can state is the suspected truth? Basically, a year ago, the company went to an online clock in/out system. Around the same time, they informed us that we could no longer go to our desks early and turn on the computers - we had to wait until our exact start time to do so. Then we had to wait up to 5-7 minutes for the computers to boot up and log into the software to timestamp in for our shifts - even though we were required to be there right at start time. Is this something the DLSE would seriously look at and ask for records on? Is this something that my previous employer would have to provide? I know I will not be able to supply paper print outs as proof. Help!

JohnErick, you should have started your own new thread (even if the
    question is partly similar) & not added your questions to another
    poster's old thread. I will start a new thread for you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X