Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

14-day resignation notice California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 14-day resignation notice California

    My understanding is that a 14-day advance notice to leave a company is a good business practice and a sigh of a good will. I want to part on good terms. However, the employer is behaving badly. Can I just leave and forget the 14-day good will notice. If he does not appreciate it there must be another way. What is the minimum advance notice time in California by law? I could not care less about this employer.

  • #2
    There is none. Just know that, when asked for a reference, this employer can truthfully say "she walked out with no notice".
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      How much notice would they give you if THEY wanted to end the relationship? If the employer is behaving badly, they probably wouldn't give you a good reference anyway.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.


      • #4
        Even if you give notice, they can tell you to leave now (right after you give notice).
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.