X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please

Hi there,

My employer wants me to sign a new contract stating that i am a part time employee (by Dec 1). I have been working full time there for over 3 years now. I have two questions.

- Does this new obamacare plan have anything to do with this? I dont have any benefits there.

- if i start working part time now, then they fire me next month, will i still be able to collect unemployment insurance? My wages from the past 3 years have been exactly $2700 per month (that is my monthly salary). I know the max UI in CA is $475 per week. Will this affect me if i get fired as a part time employee instead of a full time employee?

And if it does not, any idea if i would get the max payout via UI?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1.) We have absolutely no idea why your employer is asking for this, but I can't imagine why it should.

2.) Your UI benefit is determined by your overall wages throughout the last five quarters, not by your wage at the time of termination.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X