This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Time Pay (DAW, one for you if you can help) California

Okay, so, I know about the reporting time pay and the two hour minimums in CA and I know that some responders had good write ups on the subject matter. DAW, if I'm recalling the threads correctly.

What I am specifically looking for is any pointers or fact sheets on when the employEE decides to go home before the two hour mark and it is NOT the employER sending them home. This is NOT the situation where there is a second shift in a day. We always pay a two hour minimum for those.

In this case, the employee is scheduled to work a four hour shift, they wish to go home before two hours passed. The employer says, no, stay to work for two hours and then go home. They still wish their two hour pay despite the fact that the employer is NOT sending them home early. Thoughts? Handouts? Aids?

And, yes, I am aware that this is insubordination as well. That, too, is being handled.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I'm not DAW, but if they're scheduled for 4 hours, they work 4 hours and if they walk off the shift on their own volition, they're taillights. Would make the problem go away pretty fast.

Each workday an employee is required to report to work, but is not put to work or is furnished with less than half of his or her usual or scheduled day's work
    Last edited by Pattymd; 08-27-2010, 04:15 PM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I'm not DAW either but agree with Patty.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Sure, why not. My one very small reservation is that none of us make the rules. That would be CA-DLSE. Based on what I know that CA-DLSE has said, the prior answers sound reasonable. Of course, CA-DLSE has never addressed exactly the same issue you raised to my knowledge. Which means CA-DLSE can come up with a different answer if they want. Their ball, their rules.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X