This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expense reimbursement

I have the similar issue with my company not paying my last expense report. I worked for (deleted) CA and was sent to China to establish a branch there in 2007. My company reimbursed my expenses in the previous years until my last expense report that I submitted in March, 2010. I left the company in April of 2010, but I have not been paid the last expense report up to now, which is about 6 months now. I have sent numerous emails to my boss (deleted) not have any result yet. Also, my boss asked that I used vacation time for the US holidays that I took. His reason was that I worked part of the time in China, so I used Chinese Holidays. However, I also worked in the US during the Chinese holidays when I came back, but he did not give me vacation times for those worked Chinese holidays. Is this legal?

Also, what means do I have to get my previous company to reimburse my expenses?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Betty3; 08-14-2010, 08:23 AM. Reason: remove name of employer & boss

jjzhuang, you should have started a new thread with your question. You added
    your question to another poster's thread from 2009. I will start a new thread for
    you. It doesn't matter that the question is similar (they are generally never
    exactly the same) you should always start a new thread.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Try a phone call, or a visit to the company. Emails are easily ignored.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

CA is mostly the only state that requires employers to reimbursement business expenses (minor exception for mileage only in MA). Certainly talk to your employer first (a certified letter works very well), but then file a wage claim with CA-DLSE. You might need to show CA-DLSE that you have exhausted all other reasonable remedies prior to filing the wage claim.

CA law is unclear (probably deliberately) on just what "past due" is with business expenses. CA-DLSE is very clear that business expenses are not wages and are not subject to the same rules that past due wages are. Which is fine, but it would be nice if they had said just what they think past due is (they have not).

I could make a pretty good argument based on the federal UCC law that 30 days is legally common and "reasonable" for vendors, so in the absence of anything else, I would assume that 30 days is "past due" for employee business expense reimbursement as well. CA-DLSE does not have to agree with me, but I suspect that they will.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X