This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• california Claim with DLSE

I have Went to my First board meeting (dlse) and was then setup for a final hearing. I am unavailable to make it to the time given by the board. Would i be able to get an attorney to go for me?

The Employer never came to the first meeting, Nor is he coming to the final hearing.

Per request moved to a more appropriate forum.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Not attending is not going to help your position. And just because the employer isn't attending either doesn't automatically mean you win; and they may just change their mind at the last minute.

All neither of you attending would do is make the state decide based on the information they already have. And not knowing why your employment ended and who appealed (if it's even to that stage), we can't begin to guess what the outcome would be.

Honestly, I would do whatever you need to do so you can attend. If you've started a new job, I'll be the new employer would work with you on missing a couple of hours.

If you don't attend, it's basically like shooting yourself in the foot. The state needs to hear from YOU, not your attorney parroting what you've already told him. They will be asking questions and they will need YOU to answer them.

You may or may not be able to get it rescheduled, but that just p*$$es them off.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agreed. .....
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X