Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disability Insurance(Pregnancy) after UI has exhausted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability Insurance(Pregnancy) after UI has exhausted?

Hello,
    Would I qualify for Disability Insurance (due to pregnancy) after Unemployment Insurance has exhausted?
    I was laid off and received Unemployment Insurance and now it has exhausted. I am also pregnant, so do I qualify for Disability Insurance for being pregnant and not fit to look for a job?

Thank you very much.

State resides: California

You may be eligible for Ca. SDI benefits if you meet all of the following criteria:

You are unemployed and disabled. (includes pregnancy)
    You were working when you became disabled.
    You are unable to do your usual work because of an illness or injury.
    You worked in covered employment.
    You have a physician's certificate supporting your claim.

link on Ca SDI

http://www.disabilitybenefits101.org...i/program2.htm
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

You certainly have nothing to lose by filing. However, are you to the point in your pregnancy that you are, in fact, medically unable to work? You also must meet the monetary criteria.
      http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de2515.pdf
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agree - that is all covered in my post/link also.

OP, if you have any additional specific questions, please let us know.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Betty3, that'll learn us to be posting at nearly 1 a.m. (or midnight in your case).
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Oh, I completely missed the times being so close together. We do post late sometimes - even much later than that.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X