This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Sick/Vacation Time

I work at a company of over 100 people in Riverside CA. We offer seperate vacation and sick time. When someone calls in sick, we insist they use sick time and we do not allow them to use vacation time if they are out of sick time. (We have a 24 hour notice policy for scheduling vacation time) If they are out of sick time it is No Pay. Recently one of our managers said that state law requires that if an employee calls in sick and is out of sick time AND demands that the shift be covered by accrued vacation time that we have to do this. (We're talking about non-exempt, hourly employees) Is this true? What section of the Labor code would cover this?

I've never heard of this being a law. DAW?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I have to agree Patty. I have never read or heard of this for California or any other state. I just went through all my information on California and there isn't anything that refers to this situation or anything close to it.
      Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Never heard of that as well. If he/she insists ask then to provide the state law.

Comment

If true, this is news to me. Agree with everyone else. Ask the person who thinks there is an actual law to give you a reference. The thing is while CA has a lot of rules, they also do a fairly good job of spelling out those rules. Actual CA rules tend to be pretty well documented in obvious places (the CA-DLSE manual for starters).
          "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
          Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for your replies.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X