This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company dissolved..who's liable for unpaid commissions California

I left my employer last April for not paying us commissions on our sales. After filing with the DLSE we finally have a hearing date on 4/27. During this time three notable thing occurred:
    1. I had a call from my former employers counsel asking me to settle the matter for a certain amount. I declined because it was too little.

2. About two weeks ago I was furnished a copy of a "notice to Plaintiff" stating that that my former employees company was sold and the new owner "only purchased the assets and not the liabilities (on July 1, 2009). Claims were for the previous owners' employees. Myself was never an employee of new company.

3. A few days ago I got another "notice to plaintiff" stating that I used inaccurate formulas for my calculation of commissions and I ignored returns which commissions are not paid on. Lastly, it states that the former employer's LLC has ceased operations and has been dissolved.

What do we do now? It seems that my former employers are passing the buck but the the new owner's are saying they only purchased assets not liabilities w/c includes unpaid wages,etc. Are my former employers still on the hook for the unpaid commissions due to us. Confused ...would love your take on this PLS.HELP!!!

Duplicate post. There is no need to post twice. As soon as someone with some expertise in this area can answer, they will.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry thanks

Sorry thanks, newbie.

Comment

No problem.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X