This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Appeals DLSE Decision. Have Questions

I recently was awarded waiting time penalties by the Labor Commissioner. My employer automatically appealed the decision. I have to appear at the appeal conference next week. I wanted to know what should I expect that didnt happen at the first conference. I know that I can submit evidence and have witness if I wish.

I do understand that if any party appeals the outcome of this conference, then the matter will go to court.

Thanks

This is an appeal to a trial de novo in Superior Court, correct? Is the DLSE representing you? I believe they have to if you prevailed in the in-house hearing they conducted. The Superior Court proceeding will be much less informal than the DLSE's in-house hearing.
    "The most patriotic people in America are the working class" - Cecil Roberts - President UMWA

Comment

No, the trial de novo will happen if my former employer appeals the commissioners decision next week. I was already awarded waiting time penalties at a "claim and conference" a few weeks ago. They appealed that decision, so now we go back again next week. Hope this make sense.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X