This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA EDD can I resign and still collect unemployment if... California

I took a job and was told after my 90 day introductory period if I brought their payroll in house I would be given a raise. I have held up my part of the bargin saving my employer over 20K annually in payroll costs. I have emailed them twice and have asked verbally more than three times and they never get to it. They chuckel and say they need to revise my review they have yet to give me. This company is an abuser in every way employment wise. I do all accounting,human resources and phones by myself for this manufacturer with over forty employees. I remember talking to a lady a long time ago at the Edd and if I remember right this is one of the few reasons someone can quit and still collect benefits..... Thank you people!!

No one is guaranteed a raise unless you have a binding employment contract guaranteeing one.

You most likely will not get UI benefits if you quit. However, the state makes the final actual decision.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the reply Betty. I am frustrated and tired of being verbally abused and not being properly compensated for my skills. I am easily doing the work of two people. This employer is mistreating me basically holding me hostage.....

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      No one is guaranteed a raise unless you have a binding employment contract guaranteeing one.

You most likely will not get UI benefits if you quit. However, the state makes the final actual decision.

Comment

You might try looking for other employment while still working for your current employer.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Tough to squeeze in an interview, job calls and emails when you work 8 - 5. Oh well life goes on..

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
          You might try looking for other employment while

still working for your current employer.

Comment

I know it is - I understand but sometimes changing jobs is the best option.

Good luck to you.

Comment

"Tough to squeeze in an interview, job calls and emails when you work 8 - 5. Oh well life goes on.. " That's why God invented dentist and doctor's appointments.
              I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
                "Tough to squeeze in an interview, job calls and emails when you work 8 - 5. Oh well life goes on.. " That's why God invented dentist and doctor's appointments.
                (giggle, giggle)
                I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X