This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment California Trial

My employer has appealed the states decision, I have court in the coming weeks, what should I expect....how does the trial process work...

http://www.cuiab.ca.gov:80/faqs.shtm

(The appeal process info for Ca.)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Been there, done that, won that

Originally posted by voodoo196 View Post
      My employer has appealed the states decision, I have court in the coming weeks, what should I expect....how does the trial process work...

The most important thing is be prepared.
      You don’t have to come off like some kind of Clarence Darrel so just relax.
      For the most part it is relatively informal, It’s not likely you’ll be walking in to an actual court room, just a room with a table with the Judge who's most likely retired from the bench doing a little moonlighting, at one end with a tape recorder and you on one side of the table with your former employer or their representative on the other side.
      It probably won’t take too long,
      You may receive mail from an attorney or attorneys “hired” by your former employer, in an attempt to intimidate you. Don’t let it. The price of a stamp and a nickels worth of paper is far cheaper than a $250 an hour Lawyer.
      In my case I won before I even got my foot in the door. They sent a secretary who was hired two months after I was “let” go who was clueless.
      I on the other hand, had copies of everything I could get my hands on..and a VERY solid argument.

It was ‘over’ before it got started…..drr

And to this day I’m still “bared” from rehire.
      Boy, talk about sore losers!

..___________________________
      ~ Meddle not in the affairs of dragons.....
      for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup
      Last edited by drruthless; 12-01-2009, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Listen to what the judge actually says. Keep your argument brief and on point. Repeating the same point over and over again until the judge "gets it" generally does not work. Avoid grievances unrelated to the issues at hand. Assume that the judge does not want to mediate a shouting match between parties. Often the party who brasses off the judge the least wins.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by semisweet
          They wont tell you at the appeal hearing what their decision is. That will be mailed to you. So don't go there expecting an immediate answer. Patience pays off. It's been a long process to this point, I know. But hang in there.
          Since this thread is from 12-1-09 I believe OP has already had their hearing.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X