X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcarson87
    replied
    Yes, agreed. The DLSE gives a bit of insight into what they consider to be an act of god or other cause that is outside of the employers control in a 1989 opinion letter. http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/1989-03-08.pdf

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    The key phrase seems to be "not within the employer's control". Of course, CA-DLSE as always gets the last word.

Leave a comment:

• mcarson87
    replied
    I am not aware of anything in writing that is on point with the applicability of reporting time pay in an inclement weather situation. Having said that, I have spoken with the DLSE about this before and they were quick to answer that yes, a rain-out is considered an act of god.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Redwood Roofers - I'm going to make your question/post into it's own new thread. Please do not post your question to another poster's old thread - in this case one from 2007. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mlane58
    replied
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_ReportingTimePay.htm

Leave a comment:

• Redwood Roofers
    replied
    Thank you!

Would you be able to tell me where in writing I can find this? Thank you very much for your reply.

Leave a comment:

• mcarson87
    replied
    Yes,a rain-out is considered an act of god.

Leave a comment:

• Redwood Roofers
    started a topic "Act of God"

"Act of God"

We are roofing company located in Northern California. I have read Sections 4(A) and 10(C) of the labor code, and I am wondering if weather (ie rain specifically) would constitute an " Act of God". Often times we will go to work even if it looks like rain, if we show up and I call them off in an hour or two would we be subject to reporting time pay? Thank you.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X