This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpaid wages/ company filling bankruptcy California

The company I worked for terminated me and refused to pay me. They even put a stop payment on my 2nd to last paycheck.They have now filed for bankruptcy. I have filed with the labor board and a hearing date is set. How will the bankruptcy affect my pay checks due to me and how will I get paid?
    Last edited by uskiwi; 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM.

Originally posted by uskiwi View Post
    The company I worked for terminated me and refused to pay me. They even put a stop payment on my 2nd to last paycheck.They have now filed for bankruptcy. I have filed with the labor board and a hearing date is set. How will the bankruptcy affect my pay checks due to me and how will I get paid?
    you may wish to talk to a bankruptcy lawyer and certain "recent" wages may be priority in a bankruptcy, but that is not my area so talk to a bankruptcy attorney asap.
    Walter

www.california-labor-laws-attorneys.com
    "Experienced Overtime Class Action Attorneys"

This communication does not constitute legal advice, nor establish an attorney client relationship of any kind. You should contact an attorney prior to acting on or not acting upon any information contained herein.

Comment

another idea is that if the employer has control over your wages you may sue him individually under 558a of the California labor code. You will need a private attorney to do this as the labor board will not. This assumes only the company is going bankrupt and not the individual.
      Walter

www.california-labor-laws-attorneys.com
      "Experienced Overtime Class Action Attorneys"

This communication does not constitute legal advice, nor establish an attorney client relationship of any kind. You should contact an attorney prior to acting on or not acting upon any information contained herein.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X