Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Not Salary Getting Paid Monthly California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pattymd
    What kind of school is this?

    Do you qualify as exempt under the Learned Professional exempt classification? See Wage Order #4 here:

    From what I've seen, it does not appear that CA allows for exempt employees under the Professional exemption (even if it applies here) to be paid on an hourly basis.

    Assuming my reading is correct, you would not meet the criteria for exempt status, since you are not being paid on a salaried basis and, therefore, the law requires you be paid no less frequently than semi-monthly and no later than 7 days following the end of the pay period. If this is a public school, however, this requirement may not apply.

    Leave a comment:

  • Starfish
    started a topic Not Salary Getting Paid Monthly California

    Not Salary Getting Paid Monthly California

    Hi, I just started a new job and they let me know that I would be getting paid monthly.My position is "lead instructor" and I am in charge of 2 after school teachers. I am paid hourly. Is it legal in California to get paid only once a month?
    I heard that you have to be management or getting paid Salary, is this true?

    I started Sept 22nd and won't see my 1st paycheck until October 31st-

    Thanks for the help.

    ** This is an after school program funded by 21st Century Bank but for a Public School.
    Last edited by Starfish; 10-01-2008, 11:47 AM. Reason: Added details.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.