X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    We suggest you not mention your employer's name; no point in taking the chance that they will see your post and discipline you (which would not be illegal). However, I will say that I LOVE that restaurant.

There is no law in any state which requires a certain amount of notice re: a schedule change.

California DOES have a reporting time requirement though, to which the showing up at one time and told to come back an hour later may apply. Can you check your schedule online before you leave home? How does the manager suggest you get last-minute schedule changes?

Leave a comment:

• Joefalco
    started a topic Changing scheduled in times legal? California

Changing scheduled in times legal? California

Here is an example of the situation. I'm employed at the (deleted) (Yay corporate!). Scheduling is done through Hotschedules which is an online scheduling database. The posted schedule gives my in-times for shifts yet I have been uninformed that the "correct" time im supposed to clock in has changed to an hour later or informed 2 hours before my scheduled shift starts with no change to my online "schedule". Is this legal? Can they really control our hours on a whim? Any advice or information would be very much appreciated thank you!
    Last edited by cbg; 09-28-2008, 05:00 PM.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X