Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

working other days than originally hired for California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • working other days than originally hired for California

    Is there any labor laws that prohibit an employer from changing your work schedule to work weekends? I have court ordered visitation with children on weekends and now they are changing my work schedule to work saturdays which cuts into my visitation.

  • #2
    California overtime lawyer

    Have you considered modifying the visitation?
    "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

    Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.


    • #3
      Well with school and living 30 min from each other, its a bit hard to modify and the ex isn't the easiest to deal with.


      • #4
        Unless you have a contract that specifies certain days and only certain days, they can change the schedule. Most parents work on days they have their kids unless they are stay at home parents. The fact that you see yours less than some other parents might doesn't obligate your employer to schedule you so that you have the most time with them possible.

        You are going to need to deal with your ex for the rest of yours and your children's lives. Avoiding them isn't going to work if you have kids.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.