This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee's Not Allowed RESTROOM by Employer

Is a Employer allowed 2tell u NOT2 have Adequate opportunity(as Employee)to go 2the RESTROOM,Unless its ur break/Lunch time?

I Have a friend that works for some company in Downtown Los Angeles, California, she was told that No one is Allowed to go to the Restroom to urinate or for any reason, Until their Break/Lunch Break...
    She's pregnant (goes to the restroom all day even at home, ever since she got pregnant) and It bugs me SO MUCH that they aren't letting her or anyone else go, Unless its ur break time. There are Other employees who aren't pregnant but are getting some Health issues for holding in, and not going to the Restroom.
    I was Wondering if the Employer is actually allowed to do that to you as an Employee??
    If you have any Links on Websites Or Any Type of Website that Indicates that is Wrong/or Right. Could you please Post.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!
    "Whatever you're going through in your life, don't ever give up." Mariah Carey

Since on another thread on the same general subject you have drawn the poster's attention to a thread giving the answer, I'm not sure why you feel the need to ask the question again.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Plus the fact that "right" is subjective. What we can answer is legal vs. illegal and that's already been answered.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by latinchick213 View Post
        Is a Employer allowed 2tell u NOT2 have Adequate opportunity(as Employee)to go 2the RESTROOM,Unless its ur break/Lunch time?

I Have a friend that works for some company in Downtown Los Angeles, California, she was told that No one is Allowed to go to the Restroom to urinate or for any reason, Until their Break/Lunch Break...
        She's pregnant (goes to the restroom all day even at home, ever since she got pregnant) and It bugs me SO MUCH that they aren't letting her or anyone else go, Unless its ur break time. There are Other employees who aren't pregnant but are getting some Health issues for holding in, and not going to the Restroom.
        I was Wondering if the Employer is actually allowed to do that to you as an Employee??
        If you have any Links on Websites Or Any Type of Website that Indicates that is Wrong/or Right. Could you please Post.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!
        I think this issue differs from the other in that the woman in this example is pregnant.
        Walter

www.California-Labor-Law-Attorney.com
        "Wage and Hour Class Action Attorneys"

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

Restroom breaks California

The specific for California is:

45.3.4.1 Allowing employees to use toilet facilities during working hours does not meet the
          employer’s obligation to provide rest periods as required by the IWC Orders. This is
          not to say, of course, that employers do not have the right to reasonably limit the
          amount of time an employee may be absent from his or her work station; and, it does
          not indicate that an employee who chooses to use the toilet facilities while on an
          authorized break may extend the break time by doing so. DLSE policy simply prohibits
          an employer from requiring that employees count any separate use of toilet facilities as
          a rest period.

Comment

Maybe offer to let the employer put in a pay toilet ala Kmart in the 70's until that was outlawed..
            Walter

Disclaimer: The above correspondence does not constitute legal advice nor establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the advice of independent legal counsel before relying upon, acting upon or not acting upon any information contained in this correspondence.

Comment

I know where there are some port-a-johns that aren't being used...
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

California labor law attorney

Maybe they will require "Depends" if you want to work there as well!
                Walter

Comment

Good find, worriedspouse. Is that from the DLSE enforcement manual?
                  I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I'm not worriedspouse (I'm not married ) but yes, it's from The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement's Policies and Interpretations Manual.
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X