This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Pay Question-----

I hope someone can help me out there. I work for a company in Central California...we have 6 paid holidays a year...not everyone gets holiday pay. Veteran's Day is coming up, it is not one of the 6 listed paid holidays....My self a (VP of Accounting and my operations manager) were told we have to work which is fine. My Senior Vice President of Operations, does not have to work and they are going to give him holiday pay. Is this legal?

Sure. Since holiday pay is not required by law, they can pick and choose to whom they pay it. I would imagine a Sr VP would get more perks than an Operations Mgr or a VP of Accounting (which is a new title for me...usually they're called Controllers or CFOs).
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X