Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cali Labor Laws regarding employee availability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    There are no laws in California or any other state directly related to availability. Employers ask for it as a courtesy but they are not bound by law to adhere to it.

Leave a comment:

• llloyd4
    started a topic Cali Labor Laws regarding employee availability?

Cali Labor Laws regarding employee availability?

Just curious here. I posted, and it was approved, an availability of only Friday to Sunday with Monday to Thursday off for school. My employer recently scheduled me for Monday Sept the 6th and justified it as "Well, it's a holiday, you don't have school, you can work." and "We do our best to accommodate your availability but..." . I have already filed a complaint with HR, waiting for results on that, but I would like to come into this with a bit more education on what the law says here in California regarding availability ?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X