This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accrued vs Available PTO California Colorado Connecticut Delaware

When does accrued PTO become earned PTO? I have checked out the California web site on labor, however it is still not clear. My previous employer only paid out accrued PTO if we were leaving the company, otherwise it was not available to use until our anniversary date, at which time it turned into earned PTO. Thank you for your help.

If I understand your question correctly, the company has limits on when accrued PTO can be used. That is acceptable, and they can set whatever limit they like as long as they pay the vacation when you leave and don't stop further accruals.
    Megan E. Ross, Esq.
    Law Offices of Michael Tracy
    http://www.gotovertime.com

Disclaimer: The above response is a general statement of the law and should not be relied upon as legal advice. It only assumes the facts that are stated in the message. The above response does not serve to form an attorney-client relationship.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X