This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No oversight of Labor Board

I have been trying to recieve payment from my old boss in California for almost a year now and let me tell you it has been an adventure. My first meeting with the labor board in Van Nuys ended with the Labor Board lady screaming get out of my office while frantically looking for her gun or pepper spray in her drawer. To say the least a little disturbing. Next was the hearing. The judge seemed to have not looked over the file. He seemed to not care what the issues were and forgot to turn on the recorder to tape the hearing.
    All the while they will say anything or do anything to make your claim go away with nothing done about the crime that has been committed against you. Where is the justice?
    Now because I dont agree with how the Labor Board handled the case I have to take on my boss in superior court by myself because he is appealing the little money the labor board did awarded me.
    Why is the Labor Board run so poorly, and what do you do when you can't find a lawyer to help you? Who can you complain to so this does not happen to somebody else?

My first meeting with the labor board in Van Nuys ended with the Labor Board lady screaming get out of my office while frantically looking for her gun or pepper spray in her drawer. To say the least a little disturbing. I'll bet.

So what did you do to make her react that way?

Comment

No Oversight of Labor Board In California

I was at a settlement conference in Van Nuys. I was told by the Deputy to show all my evidence to my boss. I said "ok let me see his evidence". After a little arguing I found out my boss was saying his hard drive crashed and he lost it. I said, this is a settlement conference. I told the deputy if you would like to look at my evidence your welcome, but my boss may not look at my evidence until I can see what he has. At which time she started riffiling through her drawer like she was looking for a weapon. She started screamming "get out of my office!" I said, "what are you reaching for"? She said, "Get out"!
      I went on to get a hearing date and my boss settled for over $5,000 to avoid going to court. I took the $5,000 because I was afraid of what would happen at the hearing if the deputy was so wierd.
      Last edited by Recruit; 07-13-2005, 06:26 PM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X