Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

mileage compensation Arkansas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mileage compensation Arkansas

    I am a copier technician and use my own car for service calls. I live in city B and work in city A. The distance to drive to work (city B to City A) is 29 miles. Sometimes I am dispatched from my home for service calls instead of driving to city A to the office. For example: City C has several clients we service and is about 30 miles from my house. The reason I am dispatched from home is that City C is 50 miles from city A were the office is located. I am being told that my mileage from my house (in city B) to city C will not be compensated but my mileage compensation will start on my first call in city C. My question is: Is this legal or is there something I can use to have them pay me for this mileage?

  • #2
    It is legal. In your state mileage never has to be reimbursed and time spent commuting to and from work would be taxable if it were paid.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    • #3
      However, keep meticulous records of your business-related mileage (not the commute), as (depending on your AGI) you may be able to deduct them on your 1040 if you itemize. See a tax preparer for more information.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.