This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona employement Feedback Law!

I am in Arizona, and have not been hired for a full time position since Nov. 2008. I sent out resumes, recieve calls for interviews. The jobs look promising, the interactions positive both ways. I hand over my referrence list only to recieve a call that the posistion was given to a more qualified candidate, or no feedback at all.

I feel blackballed. The office in Nov. 2008 had a bad rap due to the physician personality, temperment, forgetfulness etc. My staff would run out the door at lunch time and never come back. I have been in the Medical Field since 1984 & worked all areas, levels, polite, multi-task, etc, etc. I should have recieved a permanant position by now. Even Temp agency rarely calls to offer temp positions.

How do I find out what is being said by whom? It is not hard to locate an individual when one has their SSN. I know this physician and the vendictfulness that can take place. The contact Ref/ list I give for this office was a mutual friend / physician of both myself and the other physician. The owner / physician moved out of State. The office went belly-up due to the physicians personal spending habits, amoungst other things on that physicians part.

I had an awesome reputation in Phx,Az / surrounding areas, know it is destroyed thanks to the physician. Old staff state she used my name when on phone calls to identify herself. One patient chewed me out for my rude behavior, yet I had just gotten released the evening before with a four day stay at the hospitals due to heart problems!

I stayed 3 years there because I enjoyed my patients, and kept hopeing the roller coaster ride would even out. Each day was a new light switch so to speak. From appropriate treatment, to the bullying syndrome, to flat out nastiness and breakage of confedentiality.

Is there really such a things as a blackball list, and how does one get to it and straighten it once and for all. How does one know what another is giving in feedback. AZ only only allows for years of services, job duties, and eligible for rehire to be answered.

Anyone else with this scenario, and how did you handel it. What are the resources here?

Is there really such a things as a blackball list, and how does one get to it and straighten it once and for all.

No, there isn't. That is a myth. I don't know where so many people get that idea. That is not to say that blackballing never happens, but it happens rarely and there is no such thing as a "blackball list".

How does one know what another is giving in feedback.

You can hire a reference checking service, or ask a trusted friend to call posing as a prospective employer.

AZ only only allows for years of services, job duties, and eligible for rehire to be answered.

No, that is not true. There is no state where that is the case. In all 50 states, an employer may give any information that is true, that they honestly believe is true, or that represents their honest and supportable opinion.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

AZ Employement Law.

As to wether or not an Employeer in the State of Arizona can give feedback to other individuals in the office or other to be potential employeers is illegal.

Arizona being a right to work State, has a law listed under the jurisdiction section stating that only the years of services given, job functions, and a yes or no to eligible for job re-hire are the only things an employeer can release. Go to the Arizona.gov site of legislation and type in employer feedback of an ex-employee. That is employement breech of confidentiality for starters.

Comment

Nate, that is simply not true.

For one thing, right to work has to do with union membership. It has nothing at all to do anything at all regarding employee references.

I went to the site you suggested, typed in what you suggested, and got no hits at all to suggest that Arizona placed any such limits as you state.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Post a link to the law saying so. You're the one making the claim; you prove the point.

Comment

Per my reference Az. law provides immunity to employers that provide references in good faith and have a practice of doing so. Also, some statutes provide immunity for providing information about particular misconduct to state agencies. Employers are not required to give references.

Covered employers - all employers

Employers are prohibited from being involved in any agreement whereby the names or any other means of identifying laborers is communicated for the purpose of preventing the laborers from engaging in a useful occupation.

ARS 23-1361, 36-2211, & Title 15
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Feedback.

Will find the site and post it. Health Orginizations use this patricular ref/ of law, statue, what have you, to protect thelselves from suits all the time.

Once site or article found will post it for you. Left a message for my friend to give me the numbers to the article or section.

Will be interesting to see if there is misinterpretation. This will be an interesting topic outcome indeed.

Comment

Just to be clear, what exactly is your profession? What is true for most employees is not necessarily true for teachers or child care workers (to name a few).
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

OP will have to come back & tell us "exactly" what their profession is but per their 1st post they worked in the medical field since 1984 & stayed one place 3 yrs. because they enjoyed their patients.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X