This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination Paperwork Alaska

Besides a final paycheck and COBRA info, what other documents are you required to give your employee at the time of termination?

I don't see anything required by law except the final paycheck (if employee is discharged) is due within 3 days; resignations are due on the next regularly scheduled pay day that is at least 3 days following notice of resignation.

You have 45 days to provide COBRA notification, legally.

Having said this, the more the better, such as the COBRA notice if you have it, information about any insurance conversion availability, when coverage will end, information about any deferred compensation plans (such as 401(k) distribution info), etc. The UI website and/or phone number would be helpful as well.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X