This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA - maternity leave, disability issue

Put on bedrest for complicated pregnancy/preterm labor at 6 mos. Two days later employer sent letter they will not accomodate existing role, offered demotion transfer to east coast and urged me to go on early unpaid maternity leave. Existing multiple sclerosis employer was aware of has presented.

Requested disability forms for company-sponsored plan. Did not receive from HR despite request. Got them a week later from company directly. Ten minutes after doctor notified HR via fax that disability papers are in process, employer called and stated I was terminated, alleging misconduct. Asked What the misconduct was, they did not respond. A few days later, still no explanation, but say they concluded via an "investigation." No details provided.

They still have not filled out Ca state forms for pregnancy leave and a call from DOL has managed to get me on disability. But they have responded they fired me on August 30 and I have no access to email/vmail. Then they responded they will term me on Nov 30 a day later and are asking me to confirm this is ok? But it is not a choice! Very confused. Pls help.

Your situation seems too complicated for a message board, but on the facts you have provided I have no doubt that your employer has violated at least one and possibly more labor laws. Please contact the state DOL AND the EEOC/state human rights commission as the different laws in question are handled by different agencies.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X