Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Prenancy Leave in California & SDI

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prenancy Leave in California & SDI


    I am 7 months pregnant and was termed from my job and currently working as a temp at another hospital. Before termed my wages were being garnished from a unemployment overpayment... Ive been so stressed worrying am I going to qualify for SDI since I have that overpayment... I'm praying that the two don't connect but I know how greedy the state of California is.. If i cant get the pregnancy disability I don't know what I'm going to do financially.

  • #2
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a question for us?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Originally posted by cbg View Post
      I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a question for us?
      lol sorry that was my question... I wanted to know are the two connected meaning if Im paying a overpayment can I receive disability.


      • #4
        Here is a link on the Ca SDI - there is also an option to contact them (EDD) if necessary.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.