Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

California Pregnancy leave/disability insurance if I give birth to my baby overseas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California Pregnancy leave/disability insurance if I give birth to my baby overseas

    Hello Everyone,
    I am currently on FMLA to take care of my dad in China and need to extend FMLA. I am expecting my baby in January 2014. Right now, I need to extend my FMLA up to 3 months. After end of FMLA, it is about time for me to take pregnancy leave if I am back to California. I may not allowed to travel back to U.S.A. as I will be over 32 weeks pregnancy at that time. What if i decide to give birth of my baby in China? Am I still entitled pregnancy disability leave up to 4 months even though I am not physically in USA? Is it acceptable if the doctor locating in China fills in the doctor's certificate for me to claim EDD pregnancy disability?

  • #2
    Duplicate thread. Reference & reply there.

    Please post your question(s) only once.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.