Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PDL,PFL VS PDL,CFRA- California

    My employee presented PDL paperwork from doctor on 2/11/11 for leave to start 2/12 through 4/21/11. On that date we employed 46 people so she did not qualify for FMLA/CFRA only PDL and then PFL.
    I have not given my formal paperwork response as yet.
    Today my boss informed me we are hiring 5 people who have been working as contract labor (dont really want to get into contract labor issues right now) as temporary, part time employees today -bringing our total employee count to 51. My question, does this employee now qualify for FMLA/CFRA or does her leave depend on the date of the doctor's request and our first notification? This changes everything. Our company and she meet all other qualifications for the FMLA/CFRA -we just didn't qualify on the employee number, until today.
    I would like to respond to her ASAP but want to fill out my paperwork correctly as to what leaves she qualifies for and length of time.
    HOw long do we provide her medical insurance for (with her paying her portion)?

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  • #2
    Duplicate thread. I transferred the reply under this thread to the other thread
    that already had a reply.

    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.