X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if your employer doesn't pay into SDI

What if your company does not pay into SDI?? Thanks i work in CA
    I work for the school district but i am not employee, I am considered as a non-classified employee a (sub or temp). Everyone in the District does not pay into SDI. I am pregnant and I am about to take a maternity leave. Is there anything that I qualify from the State for my time off? Please help me. Thanks

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
    First off just to summarize & clarify the info re leave & income during your pregnancy - you don't qualify for any job protected leave or any leave at all except what your employer is willing to give you (not job protected). You would receive Ca SDI & PFL only when the requirements are met that are in the links I provided. (not leaves - just income) Did you pay into Ca SDI through payroll taxes?

Re your post above, depending on how many hrs. less you are getting & how much less income you are getting a week, you "might" qualify for partial unemployment ins. to make up the difference.
    Last edited by lily1234; 02-09-2011, 06:50 PM.

lily1234, you posted your question to an old thread from 1-2010. You should
    have started your own new thread. I will start a new thread for you.

(quote from old thread 1-2010)
    Last edited by Betty3; 02-09-2011, 04:30 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Do you want to furnish us with a little more information re your situation. Thanks.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Why aren't SDI taxes being withheld from your paychecks? Do you know?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

When answering the prior two posts, do you also want to verify your state. You
          posted to a thread where the poster worked in Ca. Do you work in Ca.? Thanks.

Comment

Also, is this a governmental employer?
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I think we need the OP to come back & tell us what is going on with her situation
              & then we can go from there & ask more add'l. questions if necessary.

Comment

HELP pregnant and need help California

I work for the school district but i am not employee, I am considered as a non-classified employee a (sub or temp). Everyone in the District does not pay into SDI. I am pregnant and I am about to take a maternity leave. Is there anything that I qualify from the State for my time off? Please help me. Thanks

Comment

I'm going to move this post to the first thread started. OP started a new thread. It seems
                  original post/thread was also edited to add further info.
                  Last edited by Betty3; 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Originally posted by lily1234 View Post
                    A public school district is a governmental employer. Hence the no SDI. A "non-classified employee" is still an employee, just not in a union and one that does not get most benefits. Anyone who has taxes taken out of their payment and receives a W2 from the employer is legally an employee. Unless the OP is saying that someone other then the school district is paying her.

I am not expert on SDI or governmental employers, so I am going to have to defer the rest of the answer to someone else. All else fails, the OP might give CA-EDD a call. They are the ones who control CA-SDI.
                    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Here is a link on Ca SDI.

You might want to read entire link but part of it notes:
                      Most California employees are covered by SDI. Those who are not covered include:

Most government workers (Some government workers are covered through a program called Non-industrial Disability Insurance (NDI) )
                      Some domestic workers
                      Interstate Railroad employees
                      Some non-profit employees
                      Employees who claim a religious exemption

http://www.disabilitybenefits101.org...i/program2.htm

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X