This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternity Leave NJ/Husband works in NYC-Paid Family Leave?? New Jersey

I'm trying to conceive and just planning steps ahead-knowledge is power! I live and I work in NJ for a company under 50 employees(eeks its even under 15) so I know I wont be covered under the FMLA or the NJFMLA from what I have learned thus far..so I intend on receiveing TDI from NJ and once thats over as of 2009 I now understand I can receive paid family leave within the first year of a child birth for up to 6 weeks. So I believe im already set in terms of what I can receive. Now my husband on the other hand is covered under the FMLA but we cannot afford anything unpaid but now since he works in NY but we live in NJ is there any ny family paid leave like the NJ program entitling him to 6 weeks of paid family leave ? I assume he cant take advantage of the NJ program because hes not a "NJ Employee". Any advice would be appreciated!

There is nothing additional in NY for paternity leave except FMLA.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Since you don't qualify for FMLA or NJFLA, you might want to review these links re NJ Pd Fam. Leave & NJ SDI re pregnancy to be sure you understand them. We're talking you here - not your husband.

NJ Paid Fam. Leave Act - employees may take up to 6 wks. of pd. family leave at any time within one year of the birth or adoption of a child, etc. (see link) - no job protection but paid leave http://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/fli/fliindex.html

questions & answers re above pd. fam. leave - http://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/fli/content/fli_faq.html

N J also has a state disability income plan to get pd. while off on unpd. disability leave. http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/tdi/tdiindex.html
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X