This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California

I need some clarification about PDL and CFRA. PDL is for up to 16 weeks (Ofcourse with medical certification from the doctor). In my case, I used 4 weeks of PDL before the baby is born and since I had a C-section, I'm entitled to 8 more weeks using PDL. CFRA is an additional 12 weeks for bonding after the PDL ends. PDL and CFRA do not run concurrently like FMLA and PDL. After reading through all the laws and what not, that's my understanding anyways. Did I understand it correctly?
    Now, HR told me that my PDL ends when the baby is born and my CFRA starts after the baby is born and I have 12 weeks of CFRA starting then. HR also said that PDL is only for Pregnancy related disability and pregnancy related medical conditions. Since I'm no longer pregnant according to them, I'm not entitled to PDL after the baby is born. When does PDL ends and when does CFRA starts? Please enlighten me on this PDL and CFRA stuffs. I just want to know my rights. Some advise is very much appreciated. Thanks!

You are the one who understands it correctly. (not HR - PDL doesn't end when baby is born - you get recovery time & then CFRA for bonding)

I am assuming you meet the requirements for CFRA leave (worked for the employer for at least 12 mos., worked 1,250 hrs. for employer prior to leave & employer has 50 or more employees within 75 mi. radius)

You probably also qualify for SDI to get paid while out on PDL & also PFL to get paid while on bonding leave.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

That is a common misunderstanding. As long as your doctor certifies you as disabled because of pegnancy you are entitled to PDL up to 4 months.

Comment

Someone in HR needs to take a course on the Ca. pregnancy leaves though this is a common misunderstanding as Endeavor noted.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X