This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if I don't return to work after 6 weeks Florida

My employer is allowing me 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave. If I choose or can't go back to work just 6 weeks after I have my baby, will I qualify for unemployment benefits at least? So far I have not had any medical problems with my pregnancy (thank God) but my pregnancy is high-risk by definition since it will be my second c-section. (I have worked for my employer for only 8 months)

You can only qualify for unemployment ins. benefits if you are ready, willing & able to work (ie looking for work).
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Unemployment is for those who lose their jobs through no fault of their own. Not those who quit to stay home with a baby or because your employer doesn't offer you the amount of leave you would prefer. Your chances of qualifying are very low if you quit or fail to return.

If you are medically unable to return and are fired, once you are medically cleared for work and are actively pursuing work your chances are slightly better.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X