Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't fill out or sign paperwork upon hiring...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't fill out or sign paperwork upon hiring...

I am a 21-year-old living with my roomate in southwest Florida. About two months ago, we were both hired as serves for Red Lobster. On his first day of training, he recieved paperwork including w2, employee handbook, etc. During my entire length of employment however, I never signed or filled out anything besides the initial application. I still recieved paychecks, which deducted taxes. My question is, was this former employer in the wrong? Was I working somewhat illegally? And what can I do about it now that I am employed elsewhere? Any comments would be appreciated.

You should have completed the I-9 form on your first day of work. Legally, that is the only document that MUST be completed. If you don't complete a W-4 form, they are required to withhold at Single-0 exemptions; you could have asked for one or downloaded one from the IRS website and given it to them.

In any case, what difference does it make now? You don't work there any more.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X