X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can they do this?

california

I need to know if there is a time limit on how long an employer has to put a notice of being demoted or of lowering your wages in your personnel file or telling the administrative office that you work for? Also.....what do I do when I tell my employer that I have been injured and then the next day he denies it and tells me that im "fricken liing to his face"? Thank you

Originally posted by carriej
    california

I need to know if there is a time limit on how long an employer has to put a notice of being demoted or of lowering your wages in your personnel file or telling the administrative office that you work for? Also.....what do I do when I tell my employer that I have been injured and then the next day he denies it and tells me that im "fricken liing to his face"? Thank you
    If I'm reading this first part correctly, an employer can lower a wage w/o notice as long as it only effects future wages.

For the second, make a Dr. appt. and file a work comp claim, tell the boss the phycisian and claim manager should make the decision if the claim is legit, not him.

Comment

Is this the same for Illinois and Wisconsin?

If I'm reading this first part correctly, an employer can lower a wage w/o notice as long as it only effects future wages.

Is the same for Illinois and Wisconsin? If so, what course of action should one take if "retro-decreases" have been taken?

GTS

Comment

You got that first part correct. It is very likely the same laws apply in those states but you may want to check with the DOL.

As for your second question, since your going to the DOL anyway to ask the first, let them know that you wages were changed effecting the hours you had already worked. That is not legal.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X