This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling Question

I have a friend that curently doesn't have access to a home computer that wanted me to ask a question for him "OK. I have one question to ask. I live in FL, and work full time in a call center for a popular internet service provider. I work 10 hours shifts as well. For some reason they have a system that sucks and make scheduling for employees. I believe its a computer that generates the scedule. My shift is 7-6 (10 hour days). I had a verbal warning the other day regarding me not taking my schduled lunch. The time that was generated for me to take lunch was at 830am-930am, when i arrived and clock in at 7am. Also im assigned 2 20minutes breaks as well. Other then not wanting to take a so called lunch at 830am, an hour and a half after i get there. Is there Any things seen in the wrong with this situation?" Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

There are no laws in Florida requiring breaks or meal periods at all. Therefore, whatever the employer directs is what you need to do. I agree that taking your "lunch" that shortly after you start work is kind of silly, but no laws are being broken. And, unfortunately, that appears to be the lot of call center workers.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

So you are saying that in FLorida an employer can make you work your full 8-10 hour day without allowing you to have any break at all?!?

Comment

That's what I'm saying.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X