This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel time from office to job site paid for Construction Workers? CA

I work for a solar energy/construction company in CA. Our job sites are all over the greater Bay Area. Do workers get paid for their travel time from the office to the job site? I have heard some conflicting things- such as that construction workers start their paid day at the work site, and that there is something peculiar about the construction industry and labor law. Then I have heard that if the employee travels directly from their home to the job site that the travel time is not paid, but that if the empoloyee is required to go to the office and pick up vehicles, tools etc. on the way to the site, then the travel time from the office to the site should be paid. Any idea?

You should be paid from the time you report to the first location your employer requires you to arrive at, until you are released for the day. If you must go to the office each day and eventually are sent to some other location, you should be paid from the time you arrive and begin work at the office. If you are told to go directly to a worksite from your home, then you are paid from the time you arrive and begin work at that worksite.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X