This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried

we get paid every 1st and 15th of the month, what if they dont give us our check on paychecks because they didn't arrive in the mail.
    i work for an eye doctor and its a private practice.? its 2 days after the 15th
    and i have no paycheck.
    el centro, california
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-02-2006, 10:59 AM.

Well, you could file a claim for unpaid wages with the DLSE. But by the time they got to it, the check will have arrived in the mail.

Just for curiosity's sake, does this employer not offer direct deposit? If so, sign up for it. If not, can't you pick up your check on payday? Is it in a different location than you work?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Can you ask to pick up your checks in person instead of mailing them? Sorry but your employer has no control over the mail so they can not be held responsible for delays in receipt so long as they sent it out on time.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

thats the problem i don't think that it is being set out on time, so that means that because i dont have a checking acount to have it direct deposit. i have to pay my rent three or four days late. because my check can't be giving to me.

Comment

Why can't you open a checking account? What is the postmark date on the envelope? And why, exactly, can't you pick it up in person?
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X