This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overtime pay and breaks in Michigan

Ok, I have 2 questions to whom ever can help. I am a 21 yr old Sales Associate in Michigan. I typically work 10 hours a day averaging about 53 hours a week. I was told I would receive comission checks(monthly) as well as an hourly wage(biweekly). BUT I was also told that because I would be receiveing comission checks I DO NOT get paid over time. I do not fall under the "outside sales" rule, and I do not make over $455 (even if you include the comission checks I was supposed to get)a week, and have never received a comission check (Its been 5 months). My employer does not have any Labor Law posters hanging in any of his stores. Question 1) Am I supposed to get paid Overtime? Question 2) What are the Break Laws under these circumstances? Thank you for any information you can contribute.

Commissioned Sales person

There is an exception from overtime for persons working for a retail organization and who receive commissions. You can read about the conditions for this exemption at: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs20.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X