Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Employer not paying

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Employer not paying

    I worked as a consultant for one company (A) and they sent me for consulting to other company (B). Companies are based in Michigan State. After 3 months I told my immediate supervisor at company (B) that I'm leaving the project (gave 3 weeks of notice) and going for vacation he was agree and fine with notice and I also notify over the phone to my parent (A) company's supervisor that I'm going for vacation and he was fine and I also sent email notice to him about going for vacation.

    Company (B) where I worked paid all my payments to my Parent company (A). I have all the signed Time Sheets by Company (B) supervisor.

    I did not sign any documents for holding the pay to any of the company.

    But my parent company (A) didn’t pay me my last month’s pay and every time they say that vacation was not approved. I have 2 months of pay check records from my parent company that has been paid to me for my work

    My JOB was totally Hourly based no benefits nothing. After not being paid for month I have sent them my resignation email couple of weeks ago.

    I asked them that I want my money I have worked for but they are not replying.

    I would really appreciate any suggestion.

  • #2
    File a claim for unpaid wages to the Wage & Hour Division, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth.

    Here is the link:,1607,7...9648--,00.html


    • #3
      OP, you keep mentioning the word "contract". Were you an independent contractor or an employee? If you were an employees, Bears' link will help you. If you were an IC, the DOL will not assist, and you will have to file a civil suit.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.