X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bears00
    replied
    It will all depend on whether or not their "policy" rises to the level of an enforceable contract.

Leave a comment:

• ASutton4
    started a topic Do I have a case?

Do I have a case?

I work in Florida. Several coworkers have advised me that what my employer is doing to me is illegal. We work in a commission based environment. When you secure a large corporate account, it is closed and you receive all enrollments for that company. For the 4 or 5 years that my company has been around, they have always paid the same amount. It is 4% commission. I just closed the biggest deal in company history, and because of this, they have advised me that they are going to only pay me 1% commission on the entire deal. It is a $5,000 total swing for me. This has not been put in to writing yet. In addition, the existing accounts that other individuals have secured are still paying out at 4%. They are closed as well, and when they secure individual clients from the initial large deals it is paying out at the standard rate. They are saying that this is going to apply towards future deals (for everyone) as well, but without grandfathering in other individuals and without having the policy in writing prior to this, I feel that they do not have the right to just change the compensation because they feel the need to. Additionally, I feel as though this deal has been purposely procrastinated, as far as closing it, in order to be able to change the compensation. It should have closed over a month ago. It seems as though they have been dragging their feet in order to implement the new policy. Anyone know if I have a case here to get my money? 5,000 is a lot of money when our base salary is only 24,000! Thanks in advance for the help.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X