This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If This Legal? NY

i am currently having numerous problems at work i was wondering if you could help me out. I work for an electrical contractor for a lil over a year now. I was promised benefits at 3 months , 6 months, 9 months and now finally at the one year time frame. I have never received any type of benefits. This is a problem that after waiting for a year i have become used to, but my new problem now is that I work full time 8 - 5 , 5 days a week but recently since before christmas my boss has been giving me days off with no reasoning. Which puts me in a tight spot being the fact that this is my only place of employment at the moment and he calls me 20 minutes before 8 and tells me "hi, take the day off i'll call u later and tell u when to come in". this week he has given me 3 days off counting today, which no reasoning behind it whatsoever. Is there some kind of law that prohibits this? because it is totally unfair that out of 3 "new guys" at this company i am there the longest by at least 4 months and everybody else is working besides me. I am not doing anything wrong at work for me to deserve this, but also being the fact that he calls me right before work starts i have no time to try to find something to keep me occupied thru out the day and most importantly i am losing alot of money and my bills keep pileing up while i am forced to sit at home. Is this there anything i can possibly do.... Please Help

I'm sorry, but unless you have a contract that guarantees you x number of hours per week, your employer is free to schedule you for as many or as few hours as he wishes.

Whether you have any recourse with regards tothe benefits will depend on what kind of benefits you mean.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X