Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Labor Laws

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Labor Laws

    I have worked at a restaurant in Tucson, Arizona for almost three years. Another employee assaulted me, and then the next day the general manager fired both of us. I did absolutely nothing to the other guy. In fact, there were several other employees who saw the incident. Basically, they saw the other employee punching me. I fell over and quickly ran away. After three weeks of talking to several managers above the general manager, they asked me what I wanted out of the situation, and I told them that I want to be rehired and for them to make me a bartender.
    It has been two months since then, and I have not been promote to bartender. However, I have seen two other employees, who have been there a shorter period than I, promoted to bartender. In fact, since I have worked there I have never been promoted; but, I have seen my white co-workers with less qualifications being promoted. Nearly everyone except me has been given a raise or has been promoted at sometime, but I have not.
    To further worsen the situation, this past summer my balls were grabbed by one of the hostess. I complained, and they took no action against her. She continued to work there for five more months and left the company on her own accord.
    I do not believe they will promote me. What do you think the best course of action would be for me to take? Was it legal for them to fire me and lose three weeks worth of wages. Is it right for them not to promote me when I have been with the company for almost three years? If I suited, could they take action against me and fire me again?
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.