This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• required Doctors note?

California- My employeer at the start of the year sent out a letter to all employees stating that after 5 days of calling out sick that they must present a doctors note doccumenting their illness. This weekend I came down with the flu and called in sick both saturday and sunday. Today on the phone my manager said I must bring a doctor note doccumenting my illness before I can clock in and work again.

I have a few questions...

Can an employeer require a doctors doccumentation after two days of sickness?

What about the letter given out to all employees that they have 5 days before doccumentation is required?

If I get terminated was it wrongful/ discrimination? All other employees are given 5 days before a note is required?

Please help... I feel this manager is singling me out, and after many years of hard work for this company I don't feel that it is fair for a new manager to come in and attempt to get me fired.

duplicate (or triplicate) post.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X