Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

TN Trucking Company refuses to pay wages

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TN Trucking Company refuses to pay wages

    I am a NYS resident but was employed by a trucking company based out of TN. From day 1 of being employed I was having discrepancies in my I decided after 1 month of arguing every week about my pay to quit and go back to my previous employer. I turned in their truck, cards, keys, etc. on 12/12/05 and was picked up by another driver with my present employer that evening. I called that Friday to see what amount my check was going to be, to make sure there were no mistakes. At that time I was told I had to wait 45 days to be paid to see if there are any damaged freights. Mind you when I told then that I was leaving they tried everything to get me to stay but never mentioned this to me. Then in the same conversation I was told that I took an advance on my paycheck in the amount of $700 ( I never did) on 12/13/05...a day that I was no longer employed by them nor had access to any cards because they were all turned in.
    I asked for proof and still have yet to receive this proof of the 45 day wait or the $700 advance. I want to know where should I sue, here in NYS or there in TN and can I get a percentage for every day I wait for my pay?

  • #2
    You contact the Department of Labor in NY. I do not believe that NY has a per day penalty, at least not one that is paid to you.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.