X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bears00
    replied
    If they have asked you for relocation expenses back, then they may be willing to take you to court for it.

Is the nature of the new job documented?

Leave a comment:

• John Edgar
    replied
    Expenses related to hiring.

Hello,

Thanks for all your replys...

The company that misrepresented the job and the job location would like me to pay back their relocation expenses. I believe the company should share in the fault as they did misrepresent the job and it's location.

Leave a comment:

• bears00
    replied
    You might have been able to file a civil suit for detrimental reliance or misrepresention in IL.

HOWEVER,

Any chance that you may have had is certainly ruined by you quitting. The courts will look at it as though you had a job, granted not the one you wanted, and you quit before you even gave it a chance. For both of those I listed above, you must suffer monetary damages and must attempt to mitigate those damages.

Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    No, there are not.

Leave a comment:

• John Edgar
    started a topic Misrepresentation of Job in Illinois

Misrepresentation of Job in Illinois

Hello,

I was hired and relocated from Michigan to Illinois for a new job. When I arrived, the job dsciription and location had changed and was not what I agreed to in the job description or where I agreed to work. When I discovered the changes, I resigned stating that the job and job location had changed and I did not think it was right to hire someone and make these changes the first day of work. Are there any laws or penalties for hiring and relocating an employee, then changing the job and job location upon arival at the job site?

Thanks in advance.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X