Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling Professional Baseball instructor traveling for free?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    There is no law in your state requiring the employer to reimburse employees for business-related expenses. You should be able to take a deduction of some amount for nonreimbursed business expenses on your 1040; keep good records and see your tax preparer. If the employer won't negotiate with you on this issue, that's about all you CAN do, except find another position.

Leave a comment:

• Traveling Professional Baseball instructor traveling for free?

I am a full-time employee working 40 hours a week in Minnesota for a professional athletic training school. My title is Regional Instructor. I was offered a salary of $2000 monthly, however, my travel expenses are not covered by a mileage reimbursement or a time-consumed dollar amount agreement.

My weekly travel is approximately 500 miles and as much as 800 miles. I asked my employer about a travel expense as I was hired under the notion that my travel would be to locations within my immediate area (30 miles or less) and he said "that is your issue, not mine."

I need some help in figuring what a tactful and respectful approach would be to address this issue with my employer. At the present rate of 44.5 cents a mile for business miles driven (Standard Mileage Rate) I would be receiving a low estimate reimbursement amount of $890 for the month.

I am putting thousands of miles on my vehicle for work and not getting compensated or reimbursed from my employer for any this. I cannot afford this.

Any ideas?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X